a blog with relatively few words, particularly for a girl who speaks many...

Sunday, April 02, 2006

Sign Post

When I hopped off the train at Victoria Station, the voice said, "MIND THE GAP" in a firm, monotone way. He meant it. Then I saw it was also built into the tile on the ground, snapped a photo thinking I was unique until later when I saw t-shirts with the Tube symbol and the phrase, "Mind the Gap" written upon it. I realized others thought this was a funny phrase too, and I wasn't that special or cool....alas.

Overall, the signs around Londan are fantastic and you will no doubt be seeing more of them. Here a few signs/messaging that I found on the first day/evening we were here that struck me.





Mind the Gap!






Picadilly Circus #1






Smoking Kills, they're very direct in their cigarette box messaging here






You Don't Exit; Rather, you go Way Out...






Picadilly Circus #2

No comments: