a blog with relatively few words, particularly for a girl who speaks many...

Friday, April 14, 2006

Day 13: Avignon

Today started with a tour of the Palace of the Popes here in Avignon. We had a local guide who was very versed and had a cool personality. The Popes were here in Avignon in the 13th century for about 70 years. The palace was interesting - though, it's no Vatican - it was a good thing to see. From there, we had the rest of the day free! It was sunny and gorgeous, well into the 70s temperature-wise. Amy and I had lunch on a little square and then she took a siesta (she's had a cold for a few days) and I went out shopping. It was good fun, and on my way back I ran into my buddy Bob and helped him shop for a bit before dinner.

Dinner was fantastic! It was at a nicer French restaurant - I sat with Amy and Bob - we had a lot of fun. The group is definitely getting warmed up, especially with the last few days being packed with group meals. The food was quite nice (Amy really liked it too) and the wine flowed. After, Amy hit the sack but I went over to the pub with a group of folks which was fun, and then stomped around taking night photos until the wee hours...it was a really nice day!

Photos: Avignon, the Palace of the Popes, Bob & Jenn @ dinner, out at the pub!





No comments: