a blog with relatively few words, particularly for a girl who speaks many...

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Day 3: London, sort of...

I woke up today and found that my body was not so happy - apparently I either ate something or got the gastric bug going around here. Needless to say, the only two things I saw today were the ceiling of my room and the floor of the bathroom. Less than fun - though I think I lost about 8 pounds...

Amy was kind enough to ensure I had the essentials before setting off on her day. She went to the Victoria & Albert Museum, and then shopped a bit at Harrod's. Her day was by far better than mine, and she brought back some photos so I could live vicariously through her.

Tomorrow, Amy is going to do a day-long tour in Bath. I had planned on it, but seeing that I'm just now feeling sort of normal - but still quite tired and wrung out - I'm opting to stay put here in London. I think the National Gallery, a city walk (self-guided) and lunch with my friend Joe Combs are on the agenda! Tomorrow night we have tickets to see Billy Elliot, which should be good fun. Hopefully I can do it all; if not, the museum, lunch and the show will be enough for me! It's my last day here, and I can't say that I'm not sad to have lost an entire day to being sick :( Here's to happier times tomorrow!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor Hennifero....feel better sweetie so you can enjoy the rest of your trip.

Love ya,

Megs

Anonymous said...

So, rather than Montezuma's revenge, did you get the Westminister Revenge? ;)

Anonymous said...

Hi Jenn,
Sounds like food poisoning, which sucks on vacation as I've had it twice. Pics are great, I'm jealous, have a fabulous time. Miss you. Paige