a blog with relatively few words, particularly for a girl who speaks many...

Sunday, June 18, 2006

SIFF: The Seattle International Film Festival

I had a SIFF weekend! Missing two of the three weekends of the festival due to travel, I slammed 7 movies since Wednesday - and saw a few in between trips over the past few weeks.

Favorite: Crazy (Canadian)- A film about a kid growing up gay in Quebec in the 60's/70's - sounds cliche, but this film was brilliant. *Brilliant*. I loved it.

Second Favorite: Russian Dolls (French)- A film about a guy and his struggles to get the girl; some great travel scenes in Paris, London & St. Petersburg, Russia.

Other good ones:
You and Me (French)
A Soap (Danish)

The others were marginal, par for the course in a film fest.

Special thanks to my main movie going pal, Marek, and to Anhl for hitting a few with me too :)

No comments: