a blog with relatively few words, particularly for a girl who speaks many...

Sunday, June 11, 2006

New York Day 3: Happy Birthday to Me! (35)

Today was my 35th birthday and it was positively gorgeous here in NYC! We slept in until 11 a.m. when the birthday calls started to come (thank you all, by the way - 10 calls + a few texts makes for a very-loved-feeling-Jenn)...

We headed out and had some Mexican food for lunch at a ny equivalent Taco Del Mar before heading to SoHo for shopping fun! We hit a lot of the big ones, in particular those that are not found in Seattle: Movado, H&M, Zara, Ben Sherman...and then others like Puma, Adidas, Coach, Betsey Johnson, etc. We had a ton of fun actually, Ron found two pair of new sneakers (he's been looking for 2 years, so this was a big thing). I got a little batch of cool t-shirts (the best being from a cool designer selling on the street!) and three bags actually - two low-end cool but utilitarian ones, and one that was a little nicer, but still reasonably priced. My favorite item though is a little casual top from Ben Sherman which I thought would look like crap, but looked awesome!

For dinner, we headed to a restaurant my friend Carol recommended called Sevilla, located in the West Village. We had a drink at a lesbo bar after, and then had dessert. To be honest, we were both pooped from the sunshine and shopping so opted not to go dancing (since I go all the time in Seattle, it wasn't a top priority).

I head home tomorrow evening, but have the bulk of the day tomorrow to do some things here - though I'm not sure what yet. To be honest, I think it's kinda funny I haven't done a single touristy thing really; moreover, this visit has been more about hanging out with Ron and meshing into his daily life here while doing a few things that sounded fun to us both (like shopping). Though I feel like I should do some things like a museum or sightsee, I'm quite content with how I've spent my time thus far, so who knows if I will!

















No comments: