a blog with relatively few words, particularly for a girl who speaks many...

Friday, October 31, 2008

Little Rock: Last Day in Arkansas






Today was a nice mellow wrap-up to our time in Arkansas. We hit a few of the thrift/antique shops we'd missed after breakfast with Jill's mom. Then, we met her dad for lunch and I met him for the first time. He was very nice, more talkative then I envisioned and it was clear that he really loves his daughter.

We hit the traveling Andy Warhol exhibit which featured all of the super-cool Warhol pieces that were missing from the Pittsburgh Andy Warhol Museum we visited in January. They even had a little version of the cloud room! (If you've been, you know what I speak of...). Next up was a drive-through of the Air Force base, which I'd never been on before. Jill grew up here and I got to see the two houses she lived in, along with the services they offer on base. I did not know what this was like at all, and somehow missed the face that Jill lived on base from the time she returned from Germany (grade 7) through graduation.

Our day wrapped up with dinner out downtown for Anita's, Jill's sister, birthday. We had good'ole southern food - fish & chips & boiled shirmp & hush puppies and a variety of other fried things. YUM.

All in all, I really liked Arkansas. Jill did a bang-up job of planning us a really nice, varied trip. The weather was amazing, we saw several parts of the state, I met lots of Jill's friends and family, and had a nice time visiting more with her mom. Aside from the lack of Bikram yoga (or ease of exercising at all) along with the bevy of unhealthy but tasty food, I have no complaints! It was fun to experience something different, see a piece of Jill's life.
--

Seriously, Palin Power shirt! Oh my. Andy Warhol exhibit; A "Herk"; And dinner... Above, Jill's family.







No comments: