a blog with relatively few words, particularly for a girl who speaks many...

Saturday, January 02, 2010

My Life on a Tree

I get so nostalgic as I take the ornaments down each year...I take a little tour of my life, from the Popsicle stick ornaments made in Woodlawn DayCare around age 3 or 4, to the one or two I have representing my past serious relationships, to ones with my mom's writing on the back saying "Jenny, 1979" to my new favorite this year: A gift from my 92-year-old neighbor, a very, very old glass ornament she got at a rummage sale 40 years ago that was made in Czechoslovakia (when that's what it was called) that she especially pulled out for me. I always purge a few too - ones that seem insignificant, store-bought or found along the way...just to make room for new special ones.

No comments: