a blog with relatively few words, particularly for a girl who speaks many...

Sunday, November 13, 2005

Jenny

I babysat Baxter last night...well, that DVD player did most of the work, but his folks planned it to be that way. Anyhow, Baxter calls me "Jenny" - none of us are sure why though. His parents have always referred to me as "Auntie Jenn" but over the past few months, when they talked about me or he referred to a picture of him and me, he'd call me "Jenny." He doesn't have any Jenny's in his life at all!

Anyhow, he sure likes to use my name:
"Jenny, this movie is scary. Turn it off."
"Jenny, I need to take a break from dinner."
"Jenny, what are you talking about???"

So I asked him, "Bax, how come you call me Jenny?" He said, "That's your name, right?" - "Well, most people call me Jenn," ..."Ok, Jenny. My name is Baxter, not Bax." So there.

Perhaps he's an old Albionite reincarnated who knew me as a kid in his past life as Jenny?

No comments: